Many folks don't know that federal funding and military unit funding can be used to pay for civilian training like certifications in project management. This is a tremendous resource that is often overlooked. Commands can send individuals or get group classes scheduled through PM-ProLearn.
For this funding to be used it must comply with 3 requirements:
1) The training must compliment your job
2) The training must be regularly scheduled and open to the public
3) The total purchase must remain below $25k without a contract.
Everything in Project management is a compliment to military planning and leadership.
PMP, Agile, and Lean six sigma training is supported by:
Program management improvement and accountability act (PMIAA),
OMB Circular 11 section 270.
1. Talk with your command about their willingness to pay for the training. Project management has direct application to military leadership, military planning, and mission execution and will benefit all active duty personnel involved with the planning and management of teams and operations.
a. If your desire is to establish a course for a group (8 min), determine who is interested and talk to the command about total budget; Government Purchase limit is $25k without a contract.
2. Select the course that best suits your needs from our course catalog and complete the SF 182 (Authorization, Agreement and Certification of Training Form). Note: You may also have to complete an open purchase request form.
a. If the training is to be provided to a group of 8 or more, coordinate a date that works best with us and a delivery model (virtual, in person, evenings) and then we can post the class on our website. Also let us know how many are going to be funded so we can send a quote.
This then allows the SF-182 to get submitted. Note: It may be necessary to complete an SF 182 for each student or you may be able to submit 1 and put “see roster” in the personal information blocks.
3. Request that your approving official sign the SF-182. Once signed, provide it to supply dept or the appropriate GPC holder and request they pay for the training or work with the comptroller to put in a funding request through Wide Area Workflow (WAWF).
a. Route the SF-182 for signature and once signed have the GPC holder call to pay. You might need to get a one time GPC limit increase for payment. Payment can be made prior to deliver for education/training.
If you have any questions about unit funding, AF COOL, ARMY CA or corporate discounts please call Josh Atkinson at 443-716-5614 or email email@example.com
It’s an honor to serve you!!!!